Sunday, January 20, 2008

FR: Vox

OK, this is the most recent night I can remember fully, so I'm going to post the important stuff.

Me and ae82 rolled out to Vox around 10ish, maybe later. I opened one or two girls situationally, some brief chitchat and a bit of joking around, nothing serious. We decide to start rolling the Dare Game. So we point out sets for each other. I open most girls with "You guys look like fun. My name's p1an0hands." THIS OPENED WELL EVERY TIME. All these 25-35 year old women were really digging my opener. However, afterwards, I didn't really have a followup, as per my "process", so most of the time the energy just slowly drained out of sets if they hooked.

WHICH IS FINE. I followed my process, so it was a success. I'm going to continue just focusing on opening every attractive set with direct and going from there for a week, to make sure it's all good. Next week, I'll work on switching stuff up.

Anyway, I opened maybe 4 3-sets in a row that slowly bombed, nothing explosive or unusual. It didn't help that I was vaguely attracted to like 1 of the 12 women I chatted up.

There was a very cute half-Japanese girl there that I'm fairly confident was with a boyfriend. I never approached her, even though the "BF" wasn't near her half of the time. The feeling of a missed opportunity- like battery acid in my gut. Lesson learned, I'm just missing out on fun if I don't approach.

EDIT:
I direct opened an asian chick next to me on her style. She smiled and touched my chest, saying "I really like YOUR sty-", but I cut her off accidentally with some attract stuff. It was a negative compliance momentum moment, but I moved forward. A bit of attract stuff (nothing canned, home don't play that), like one or two questions, and then her friends next to her wanted her to do shots (didn't notice the friends). I tell her she can't bail on her friends during "shots time", telling her I'll talk to her later. Don't see her again. :(, just kidding, it was a "process" success.
EDIT DONE

Nonetheless, I started hitting state after a bit. I chatted up the ?manager?, and we chatted about the vibe, lighting, and music of the venue. He told me about the future of Vox, and gave me his card. This marks the first time I've had a non-value-taking conversation with someone who's involved in the inner workings of these places. I chatted up some bartenders/servers about the music playing in a very playful, value-building way. Chatted up this chick on the dancefloor, who was dancing very poorly. Ironically, she was just a very drunk dance instructor. She gave me her card and told me to take salsa from her. $100/6 lessons, right in Downtown Crossing, if anyone's interested EDIT:She was really drunk and gave me the wrong URL :( EDIT DONE. She mentioned her boyfriend, who I briefly met a few times. I wasn't really into her, but she had a great energy, and we mutually pumped each other's states with joking and dancing. Awesome.

Some other nonsense, then I hit my favorite set of the night. 3 set, two chicks, one bro. THEY ARE INDIANS. The target (a 7) opens ME before I can talk. She asks me what the theme song to Top Gun is. Could you have asked for a better opening for me? I LOVE TOP GUN, and I LOVE "HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE". I mention that in college, my nickname WAS Danger, so my buddies would always reference it. I mention my direct opener, minus the introduction. I'm high energy, my target lights up, and the other female and bro are kind of forced to smile. I get them all laughing a bunch, then show individual interest in the non-targets. I take genuine interest in the guy for a bit, then the female. Every time I sporadically chat up the target, she's more and more cool, always laughing, kinoing, and with awesome things to say. They decide to bounce upstairs and invite me along. I stay, looking for ae82. He texts me, telling me he's upstairs, lol. I go upstairs, and everyone's bouncing.

I see the 3set 5 minutes later, briefly chat them. I don't have any comfort built, and don't have time to build comfort before I bounce. I tell them the place is closing, and I should get their number so we can hang out later/ some other time, while making direct EC and BL towards the target. I even gesture my phone towards her, but the obstacle fem takes my number instead. Saffron told me later that he recommends just putting the phone in her hands with minimal explanation. Anyway, I have her call me and send her an amusing text that includes our next venue. No response, ah well.

We hit City bar with half of the lair waiting in line, and when he get in, it's very unfortunate. Saffron grabs pretty much the only set there. I try to wing, but get the impression Saff doesn't need it. Plus there was nowhere for me to sit, which is unacceptable.

Lesson: More direct stuff, more consistent attraction material and engagement at beginning of interaction, talk to all girls that I find attractive, and unattractive ones during the interim.

The End.

No comments: