Tuesday, January 22, 2008

FR: Daygame w/ new wing

Allright
I rolled out today with Royalty, a cool guy off the lair that I hadn't really kicked it with before. He's pretty chilled out, so we kind of middled out each others' energies. Very good time.

We met up at Barne's and Noble, started chatting up a little. I'll just cover my sets and things I learned from his. I believe I hit about 4 sets in total, it was a slow Tuesday.

Roll up on a chick in the corner (asian 7.5/8), she's filling out some kind of form. I roll up "Dude, you look super intensely focused on that." No response. I say it again. Refusing to lose, I say hello twice, no response. Some other lady is looking at us. I gesture that she's deaf, bcuz it's funny to me. I say "dude, can you hear me?" She FINALLY looks up, and is like "yeah". And I say my opener again, asking her what it is. She asks me why I wanna know, I just kind of chodely repeat my opener in statement format. She replies she's very busy, which is totally possible. Whatever, I plowed until she basically made me leave. Success.

Next was this Japanese looking Chinese chick going into FCUK. I followed her, opened her with "Are you Japanese?". She's not, I bust on her for stealing their style. I'm bantering half aimlessly, half framing shit. I talk about her being my sugar momma, do the "we used to be cool, what happened?" roleplay. She's receptive to it, but still kind of not fully engaged. Her BL indicates hesitation, semi-turned away from me. I kind of get discouraged, look to my wing who was nearby, and say "tuesday sucks". then I repeat it to her, she asks why, and now my wing is in conversation as well. She says something about how Tuesday is her day off. I don't follow up on that thread. Ah well. Lesson: keep talking about myself.

I tried opening this short little 8.5 Indian looking chick while movin. I slow down say/belt out "OMG You are ADORABLE. I wanna meet you." She kind of breaks off EC and walks past. To get some kind of emotional spike to stop her, I say "Hey, I'm talking. Come here." No reaction, no dice. :( I wanted to chat this chick up BAD. I planted my feet mad early, had great BL and tonality, really engaging tone, yet no reaction outside of active ignoring. Lesson: ? Can't win them all?

In Victoria's Secret, while Royalty is trying to "slay the dragon" (sarge in Vicky's while being chill about it), I chat up a hired gun for fun. Not at all work-related. I start off by asking her who Victoria is. She's loving the vibe. We joke a little more about Victoria and her secret. She pretends to be Victoria, I talk about crotchless panties, and she jokes that her secret is she deoesn't wear underwear. Hilarious stuff. She's getting stuff over her earpiece, so I let her go. She looks confused as to why I blow her off. Lesson learned: plow.

The only other set I remember is this chick in B&N, she's a brunette 8. Very cute. I'm going to approach her with this amusing little book about Barbies which is next to her, but hesitate and eventually give up and leave. However, I feel the battery acid in my gut as I'm talking to Royalty, so I say "fuck it. I'm going back." I briefly walk towards her, pretend like I just notice her and open.

She's sitting on the ground, near the back, reading Cosmo or some shit. I roll up direct. I shake her hands when I introduce myself, and it's awkward because she's sitting down. At the time, I can't think of a way to lock in/sit down or get more comfortable than she is. Thus, it's awkward. I engage her with "what's your story? Why you just chilling out in the back reading mags? Why you got all this free time?" She doesn't know how to respond. Considering it a lost thread, I just bang on. "Are you a student around Boston?" affirmative. "Right, and what do you study?" Economics. I joke about wanting to make money or whatever, but it's miscalibrated, because she genuinely like economics and financial shit. She seems vaguely into it the whole time, it's hard to read her BL because she was practically sitting down, etc. When I joked about her being my sugar momma, she seemed a little indignant/displeased, oh well. I SOI her on being chill, and get CRAZY EC with her. It's going well. Then I "forget everything" and have nothing to talk about. Eject. Oops. Lesson: Talk about myself, tell stories.

Lesson: I know all the comfort shit, just gotta SAY IT. Approaching direct is child's play, and makes my job a lot easier. Only very hot girls seem to not buy into it. I wonder if this is part of a larger trend of hot girls not really digging the direct shit as much.

1 comment:

New Social Systems said...

dude man it seems like you learned a lot from the sets. Keep plowing through!! And talk about yourself, seriously you are the prize not them!

Sounded to me like you were making them the prize.