Sunday, June 15, 2008

FR: Gypsy

Wnet out with my boy Bravado to celebrate his 22nd, then went out with some other people. Joked around with some of the girls, had a decent time. Then I went to Gypsy with AE82Power and a friend who is partially non-community.

I went in and starting opening sets, getting momentum. I did the metal sign opening thing, and opened a few other 2 sets. They usually opened very well, because I was feeling super-dominant, but then they fizzled, because I somehow wasn't thinking of things to say. I was way too much in attract-n'-dominate mode, and not enough in realworld seduction mode.

A good example:
I opened a 2set of Latinas, HB7+5 who were dancing. "Is this a competition? Do I need to be the judge? (laughter) I saw some intense stares here (laughter)." I almost comically dominantly introduce myself and get their names. The 7 is trying to point out the 5. I search for things to say and end up cold reading them as the most evil girls in the room (laughter). Some other stuff, I tell the 5 if she keeps dancing like that, I won't be able to control myself (laughter). Without a wing, I just dancing monkey for a bit and then leave to find my friends.

Whatever.

Point being, ae82 was having a very tough time with AA. I was trying to help him out, to no avail. I would literally guide him physically to the sets of girls, tell him just to say "hi" and he would puss out.

I've never been that bad, but I've had similar things during day game, where I'll start walking towards a girl as a gesture that I'm GOING TO DO IT, and then end up not doing it and getting pissed at myself.

He was venting for like an hour afterwards, and was saying that he went out and did the bootcamp and had gone out a lot in the past, and thought that at this point, he should be over it.

I said that you never get over the fear of the approach, you have to always work at it.

I realized that had a lot to do with my earlier post about my own AA, and how paying somebody or getting advice from somebody isn't going to be as helpful as continuing to go out there and keep the skillset up there.

But it will help, so I'm going for it.

No comments: