Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The man that I am becoming

(crossposted from my life development blog)

The man that I want to be respects himself and equally respects others. That means accepting, loving and even forgiving where I come from, and doing the same for other people. I bring myself 100% to the table without fear, resentment, or self-hatred. That means communicating my hopes, worries, sexuality, worldview, sense of humor, and even some of my weirdness to others without fear of reprisal or rejection. As a man, I also will not seek validation or approval from anyone other than myself. The world I envision and am creating is the only one that exists.

The man that I want to be wants to make the world a better place for himself and for others, by taking care of it and improving it drastically in some way. This also means taking action to improve my own life as much as possible. I eventually want to bring up a family in this world with the most love, encouragement and security I can provide.

The man that I want to be knows what he values, and will act based on those beliefs regardless of what is convenient or emotionally easy. I will be aware of the responsibility that lies on me as a human being and man in this day and age. I will always move towards my long-terms goals and beliefs, with little concern for judgement, popularity, satisfying others' value system first, or emotional state. When I want something, I will go for it 100%, until I get it, or fail AND learn from my failure.

Finally, the man that I want to be is going to bone a shitload of hot indian chicks. That's half-joking.

No comments: